Sunday, February 12, 2012

point/counterpoint

Blogging sites are a way for people to express themselves. Whether personal or professional, blogs allow people to share what they want to share with the people who want to listen. In a personal blog, one might tend to share stories about ones travels or personal life, whereas with the professional blog, co workers can become engaged as well. It was stated that adding professional commentary to a personal blog can actually be a positive aspect
I think blogging is a positive thing as it allows for a person to share, electronically their thoughts and allows for open ended communication. I agree with the following statement..."The nature of conversation revolves around offering and push-back, point and counterpoint. " Blogging allows for such conversation and enables everyone to take part. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree that blogging is a positive idea. As you mentioned, as teachers we can have both a personal and professional blog in which we tailor our ideas and messages to those we wish will read them. I feel that blogging is a great forum in which to voices your ideas and to hear how others think about what you have said. It is a great way to communicate with your students and promotes a dialogue that can exist outside of the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Brooke, I too think blogging is a positive idea. With that being said, I would add that it is only a positive idea if the subject matter is motivated by a positive ideal and driven to deliver a positive outcome. I think the personal voice is more and more important living in a world where it is easy to be drowned out by all the commotion. Blogging is a platform for one to express their voice, and while I do agree there is some risk -- it is definitely worth the risk if it is motivated by a positive motive.

    ReplyDelete